Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Grace C's new home for December

Palm Coast Resort Marina
We arrive here on December 2, 2008 and what a surprise to fine Tony and Diane and Ab and Karen on the fuel dock. They just couldn't leave us behind without saying good-bye.
Mom and Dad if you are checking the blog this is what the entrance looks like. We are taking up residency for the month. That includesshowers, electricity, wifi, cable TV and laundramat on site. I am so looking forward to staying on a dock in one place for a while. My parents are on the way to pick us up and take us to New Smyrna Beach for a week. Shopping with a car, toast in the morning, can it get any better? I cannot wait to see my parents and have a little Christmas in Paradise.

Wednesday December 3, 2008
Yours truly got up and had a shower and made French Toast. We walked to a convenience store 2 miles and then back again. After lunch we took a dinghy ride on the canals around the marina. This is like living in Venus. Unfortuately all the land is private but we found a dental clinic at the end of one of the canals with a grocery store across the street so we feel confident to tie up there and get a few things.
The temperatures this week are in the low 40's at night and in the 60's in the daytime. Oh well I guess we will have to wait until we get farther south for a more summery forcast.
If the blog is putting anyone to sleep now I apologize I am just so thankful to be enjoying a rest. I actually might get my sewing machine out tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shirley said: How good it must feel to have all those good things at hand for a change. Dick said there was another boat staying over for awhile as well so you won't have to go to the Bahamas alone. That's good. Things are looking up !! Love and kisses

NiceButt_Sailing said...

hey guys, were sitting here 2 slips away from Grace C. She's looking good lol. Its 12:01 so i guess we're leaving today haha. We're planning on getting to miami and then flying home for christmas. We'll see you on down the line. And ill try to get my blog up to date so you can keep track.

<3 Niki and the Nice Butt Crew

Anonymous said...

hi
Myrna gave us your blogs website, we are ( Dec 7 ) at St. Simons Island, expect to be around where you are next weekend. Progress slow as I like to do the shallow spots on a rising tide, and our max comfortable speed under power is 4.5 knots, enjoyed your blog enjoy your break, the piloting is quite stressful, even though I learned to sail in a place very similar to the Georgia creeks
peter and heather