Friday, October 24, 2008

Where but by the Grace of God

Took off to have a shower and do our laundry this morning and when I got back Dick had gotten a message from the Dock Attendant at the Holiday Inn that our friend Albert had had a heart attack last night and was in the hospital in Washington. We were all a bit stunned and instantly every minute thought of your life and circumstances is transformed into thankfulness that your alive and your mate is with you. Abe and Karin and Maria and Dick and I went to the Marine Museum for a distraction. It was an interesting place and we learned alot about this area. Today I miss everyone at home and wish I could give you a big hug. Keep Albert and his family in your prayers. When we got back there was word that he is in intensive care and his wife asked Dick to do some preparations to the boat. Kathy organized a morning distraction that took us on a boat tour of a Trawler. It was beautiful inside. The gentleman was having his 65th birthday so we went out to celebrate life with him and some other sailors.
Note to commenter's who ask questions. If you want me to answer than please email us at foster.mzp@gmail.com as I cannot answer the blog comments. Happy to see Marg is along for the journey. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

shirley said - So sorry to hear about your friend and we certainly will keep them in our prayers. It is good that you were there with them. Take care

Phyllis said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy and news of your friend is encouraging. We will keep him in our prayers. cloudy and rainy here tonight. Take care

Marg Back said...

Hey sorry to hear of your friend...hope all goes well! It does have a way of making one realize how fortunate we are. I will keep them in my prayers. It is good to keep in touch with you guys!!

Anonymous said...

It was really great to hear from you.Although it may be cold there, I'm sure you would not rather have our snow. Take and safe sailing, get on to warmer weather!!
Sherri