October 21, 22, 2008
Despite the nippy weather we are enjoying our sojourn here at Annapolis, Maryland (the Capital). Between getting a shower, buying groceries and scouting out boat parts and Ships bells at Good Will we have managed to check out the welcome centre and walk down some lovely older streets with buildings that were erected in the 1700's. We meet a lovely lady at the tourist information that told us that Annapolis is south of the Mason Dixon Line and was actually a harbour where they brought in Slaves. I was commenting on a beautiful street that every building mostly owned by the Catholic Church was built with Red brick and the streets were all red brick and she said that that is because Annapolis had been a haven for Roman Catholics when they were shunned by the Puritans. I asked her if we could ride on the Trolleys we saw and she said they were for the government workers to get to work as they have to park at the Naval Academy as there is no room for cars downtown as they were built before the car was invented. Just grand. I do want to come back and bring Karin and Josh maybe sometime when we get back home. Oh ya the Camera thing is when we get up and head out we are usually doing something like life maintenance and then it can switch in to something touristy so I guess I am going to have to strap on the digital and just be ready for whatever. So sorry I missed today.
Tomorrow we are heading out again for the Solomon Island.
3 comments:
Smooth sailing tomorrow--there must be as roque gene in this family-its called the forget the camera!!! Called Kelly but just got her answering machine--will try tomorrow
Hey Dick and Ruth. I found you through a client of mine that works with you Ruth. I had heard of your awesome trip! Good for you guys!!It sounds exciting.
Hi Mom,
too bad you forgot the camera, sound like a beautiful place. I'd love to visit sometime:)
I hope the next leg of your journey goes smoothly.
Love Karin
Post a Comment