Peche to Sarnia Yacht Club/NOT
Day Four reminded me of walking a tight rope. The sportof cruising we took up puts you in positions like that sometimes. We were depended on our engine for the whole day. No wind and calm water meant we would not have support from the sails and we had a downbound current to forge through all day. If the engine fails today we are in a big pickle. All around us is the beauty of creation and everyone out enjoying water sports for the 4th of July. You become the centre of massive amount of wake waves that throw you around like a top. After a day of this my head was pounding. We still had the Blue Water Bridge ahead where you get down to one knot. Oh engine, 'do not fail us now. '
I had called Sarnia Yacht Club and amazingly was told I had a reservation. What I did not know at the time was I was talking to another marina. We forged on to the Sarnia Yacht Club and stopped for diesel. When we asked our dock location the marina deck hand call someone and they told us they were NOT taking TRANSIENT Boaters for 2021.
Dick and I had to Anchor in a small body of water. This gave us front row seats got 4 of July Fireworks all the way up the coast of Michigan and they were letting off about every mile down the coast. Never seen anything like that before.
It was a sweet treat to be the only boat in the anchorage and have the celebration take place when your are there.
2 comments:
We sure remember the current in the St. Clair River, only going forward 1 or 2 knots. What a treat you had to see the July 4 fireworks! A & B
I thought about that the whole day!
You advise was accurate. We kept to the right.
Post a Comment