Left Erieau this morning at 8:00 am. Lisa Freeman waved good-bye. The wind was 15 to 20 knots from the North so we left the main down and just ran with the Gib. The waves kept building and it picked up as the day went on. After we rounded the Point Pelee we had to take the sail down and beat into the wind and waves directly. It was the most uncomfortable ride I have been on in Grace C. It kept crashing in the troughs. When we got into the harbour we realized our electrical panel has pulled the screws out and blew them across the room with the washers and the anchor cover I made had blown aside in the wind and the waves has spilled into the anchor locker and wet the end of our bed. We were happy it was only 8 miles.
The weather at night is going down to 11 degrees and so we went to a store and got a blanket and I picked up some long sleeve tops. So much for packing in sweltering heat.
The harbour here is beautiful for photos and so we got to see a graduation complete with Oscar winning carpet ball gowns. Not something I expected to witness.
2 comments:
Is this Leamington Harbour? Nice place. A & B
The first pic was leaving Port Stanely.
Post a Comment