Leaving Southport was scheduled for this morning about 9:00 am and we needed to be on a rising tide to make it up the Fear River to our destination at Wrightsville Beach. As sometimes happens when we start the engine water does not come out the exhaust so Dick had asked me to check it as I was walking down the dock. There was none coming out so he went below to check the exhaust and in a minute water came running out. I leaned into the companionway and Dick was holding a broken bolt that had snapped off in the alternator. Bye the time we had the repair done we were past the window to make it up the Fear River so we just stayed here for the day.
I took one of the quilt tops I had made and laid it up on the dinghy and then pinned it together to quilt. The nearest stores are two miles away and thankfully one of the boaters offered to pick up a new bolt at the hardware where he was going.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. I am so impressed that Dick can just repair these things.
A beautifully sunny day in Ottawa although cool this morning. 3 degrees. Cool in the evening as well. Tulips about half way up.
Keep those blogs coming!
Regards, Peter
Hopefully this note will print--been having trouble getting the comments to print. Beautiful day here--windows are calling to be washed. Blood pressure check this morning so not much accomplished so far. Dad is going plowing after lunch--good to get back in harness!!! Mom
shirley said - A great day already - lots of sun. We played nine holes yesterday, the knees held up okay. To-day i will take Claire down to play and I will go to Jean Majors funersl and we have a house showing at 5 p.m. - that makes 5 already so something should happen, I hope. Paul is a little distressed that we switched agents. I'm sorry.
Post a Comment