Thursday, April 30, 2009

Layover Day in Cape May

Wednesday April 29, 2009

We woke up to a cold front and took our time leaving the marina. The winds were about 35 knots in the morning. When I took the key up to the desk and asked what time we had to be out of our slip the Lady at Utch's said no worries today (due to the weather). We were tempted to stay but knew of an anchorage just up the way and decided to save the $66.00. We made it out to the anchorage and Cheryl and Dan were there. She is the one that told us about taking the coast up to Atlantic City as there is a nice anchorage there. We were tossed and churned around all day on the hook and the wind died down a bit in the evening. I spent the day working on my quilt and reading. It was to rough to dinghy anywhere with oars. Around 4:00 am Dick asked me to get up and watch that when the current shifted we did not get tangled up with a Beneteau we were to close to. Around 5:40 am I notice he had a red light on his bow and was moving our way. Thankfully he was leaving the anchorage and so I could go back to bed and sleep.

No comments: