Sunday January 4, 2008
No mail delivery today so for the first time in four months I feel like we are just killing time. I guess that is not to bad although I hate doing it. We went to church, had a bike ride and Dick lifted our dinghy out of the water and cleaned all the barnacles off it. The cruisers around the marina were watching him with interest. One gentleman said, "What does he want showroom clean?" I oiled the teak table in the cockpit and read up on Skipper Bob Bahama Bound. We had a barbecue in the cockpit and Heather and Peter came by to say good-bye as they are heading out on the ICW tomorrow. They are still planning a crossing together.
Monday January 5, 2008
We had to wait for the mail until 12:00 pm. When I got up Peter and Heather were leaving so I went over to the fuel dock to say good-bye. When I got back to the boat Dick said Tricia had called on the VHF and she was wondering if we needed anymore supplies to get ready. Dick and I decided we needed a chain to lock up the dinghy so she came and took me to Home Depot.
When I got back a couple who have a boat here told us that they have been waiting 6 weeks for their decal and they encouraged us to head out and have it forwarded somewhere. We called Mom and Dad Foster and they will receive it at their condo in Florida and call us with the number. So tomorrow bright and early we leave Palm Coast (our sabbatical) for trip 2008. As anticipated the decal did not arrive today.
Ok Lifeworks get you push pins out.
5 comments:
Onward and Upward!! glad to feel a little fighting spirit there and also you are having company for the crossing. Another snow storm due to hit us on Wed. Hang in Sail safe.
The pins are ready and waiting. However i will need you be specific about where you are in your blog lol. Safe sailing.
All the best for a safe crossing. We are thinking of you.
Peter and Ellie
PS: Whats the decal for?
Safe journey!
Love and prayers, j
Hi Fosters: Hope you are sailing today. I worked on a scrap crib quilt and did some walking. The icebanks are really high now and tonight I see some icebergs floating out in the lake. Good luck and safe sailing. I just packed out"stuff" for dialysis tomorrow in Goderich...knitting and some books. Gerry watches tv and reads the paper.
Post a Comment