Monday January 12, 2009
Went to town on the bus. Stopped at Dollar store, Good will Store where I had a flash back to work days. They provide many of the services that Hutton House provides. We found a TV Cable and bought an adapter to hook to our VHF. When we got back and tried to put it together we discovered we had better reception with the rabbit ears.
Tuesday January 14, 2009
There is a predicted cold front coming into day so we headed into town to take the bus. We had a few items and some groceries to pick up. When we got to shore one of the couples we usually ran into from North Carolina were telling us they were heading out that day. We wished them well and hoped we would see them in the Bahamas. We headed to the bus and checked out the library to get a proper Internet connection so we could see the long range forecast weather map on www.passageweather.com
There is a front from the north anticipated for this afternoon and no real window available for the long range (72 hour forecast). Oh well. What else is new. True to its predictions the heavens opened and we had about 5 torrential out burst. They afforded no problem when you are shopping at any mall you decide on. You just go back in the store and another bus will be by in an hour. I finally picked up a bread recipe and some things to make bread in my pressure cooker. With temperatures going down in the 40's I will wait until I get a warmer day as the yeast has to rise. When we got on the bus again in the middle of a huge storm we were delighted to see the couple from North Carolina. They had decided after they talked to me that they would wait until tomorrow and they were warm and safe on board the bus. Oh the joys of cruising around meeting new people. While here we are also able to get one TV station which is ABC so it is wonderful to watch a program with no remote flicking.
Wednesday January 15, 2009
Today we took the bus down to the Beach and when we got there I actually got to see the Elephants and Giraffe on the horizon. That means the waves on the Gulf Stream had to be huge. I have never see a body of water horizon that is not flat a a pancake. The waves were not that high coming into the beach but there was a line of water that did resemble elephants and giraffe. These are a result of the North winds we have been having.
4 comments:
Its always good to get your post on the next leg and know we dont have to be conserned for a couple plus more days and always good to know there are lots of other boats waiting. Still really cold here so maybe the same front is bugging us both. Got some quilters lined up for next week. Love to you both.
Dick and Ruth,
I as I am sure all other PSSS'ers have been following your blog with great interest. Congrats on your travels so far.
I am interested if your plans still involve returning to PSSS next year and retaining your dock. I am trying to put together the dock list early this year in case some of you guys fall in love with the south and don't come back.
Can you let me know asap what you intentions are.
Good luck with the rest of your trip, and I hope you have a great crossing.
Tom
fleetcaptain@portstanleysailingsquadron.com
Much to my personal shame, i get a small comfort knowing that you are suffering (in a small way) from the same arctic freeze that we are. It pushed deep into the States, just for you and Dick. LOL
Love and Prayers, j
shirley said - cool but sunny here to-day. We didn't play golf - went shopping at Beall's, dropped in to say hi to Bill and Shirley, then here to check our mail. Good to get caught up onthe blog. Nothing else new - warmer to-morrow I hope. Love
Post a Comment