Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dick's Parents Visit



Tuesday December 30, 2008
Biked a long the trails today and then up to Publics to get some groceries to make dinner for Dick's parents. They arrive around 4:30 pm and we had dinner on board. They found a hotel to stay in and we dropped them off and took the car back to the Marina.
Wednesday December 31, 2008
Dick and I headed out to get our groceries and other items for the trip. We went to Wal-mart and having promised Dick's mom and dad we would pick them up around 11:00 am. Dick was in automotive looking for oil filters and engine oil and I said as I headed off at my usual pace “Oh look honey there is housewares right here and the craft department so I will just pick up the things on my list. While I was in housewares I ran into Peter and Heather and took a minute to chat and when I got to automotive I could not find Dick. For about the next ½ hour we played aisle (evasion) back and forth to groceries.
Not getting any results after my third run through I went to the front counter and asked that they page my husband. After waiting at the counter for about 15 minutes I started to panic and took off looking for him again. After about 45 minutes we finally found each other and had to start looking for groceries by the time we were to be at the motel to pick up Mom and Dad. There were three people in Wal-mart that day that I knew and I asked them all and no one heard the page. I guess those Superstores are just to big. After we picked up mom and dad we headed back to the Marina and had lunch on the deck.
We took mom and dad over to the beach and down to Flagler Beach to see the Atlantic.
After a nice dinner we relaxed at Mom and Dad's room and watched the Ball go down on Time Square. There is renewed interest in that spot having been there in person a couple of months ago.
Thursday January 1, 2008
Put away all the groceries and stuff we bought yesterday and just threw on the boat. Mom and Dad and Dick came back to the Marina and we took a walk on the ICW paths. We had lunch at the European village. When we got to the village there was an entertainer singing love longs and he came down and twirled mom around.
'

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Great to get another report--looks like you folks hit warmer weather Shirley. We have had 2 fairly nice days here. Had supper with Bill, Janet and Carol last night and played "memory Loss" and stayed to watch the ball come down. Slept in this morning and visited the funeral home this afternoon. Ken Witty died. Sail safe Mom

Anonymous said...

Mom and I just caught up with your blog. How fun !! The pictures of you are great. 'You looking good.....' Kyleen said they were going to try to see you last night. Safe sailing. You are only heading towards warmer climes.