Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Layover Day

We are still at Riverview Marina for one more night. Putting up the masts was very tiring for everyone and we just needed a catchup day. I can honestly say this was my first day of homesickness. Until now it has been like a vacation and the farther we move away from home the reality is sinking in I am not going home. With the mast back on we had our first meal at a table. Just an indication that this is now a lifestyle not a vacation anymore. So many things are changing everyday and it is hard to keep up with it all. There is a huge pressure to pay attention to navigational hazards and I guess the trip has only just begone. Not helping is the fact that our Sympatico online account canceled on us without notice so we lost all our contacts. Dick had made cards to hand out and that account address was on them. For now well wishers please use our gmail account or post comments on the blog. You do not need a Google account you can post it anonymously and that works great. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments they are a joy to read. A faithful follower we know has done a Google map for us and we can follow our progress. I asked the Captain where are we going and I think he said Ploughkeepsie.

7 comments:

Irene said...

Hi from Irene and Reuben! I'm glad you liked the map ... feel free to let me know whether I am making any mistakes on it. Take care of yourselves. We are praying for your safekeeping.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth, I'm glad that you took a day to rest. Sometimes reality just sneaks up on you and you HAVE been thru a lot of changes. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the list of emails, gmails and phone numbers that I took down when visiting PSSS in July. I am hoping that I left that list on Changes - we are doing a fun Moonlight Race tonight - postponed from 2 weeks ago d/t rain. I'll check for the list then. I'm hoping that I can find contact info - as would like to meet up with people when we come to the Annapolis boat show. We expect to get there Thursday, Oct 9 late. Take care and I hope a day of rest help. Also keep safe with the storm that is moving up the east coast! Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Hey, If you have a spot where you are keeping track of the trip on google that is viewable by others, we would be interested.
Hutton House

Karen McInnis said...

Hi Ruth,

Hey, great blog! it's Southern Cross, we are in Sandy Hook waiting for the weather to turn around. The yacht club is really nice; $45 for a mooring ball with water taxi. The storm realy blew but we managed ok. We are also having some troubles; the engine does not seem to be charging the batteries. Dennis is working on the problem. Hope we see you soon,
Karen

Anonymous said...

We just got home from Collingwood--had a beautiful week of sunny weather, good roads ,good food and good lodging!!!Glad to hear you are on the move again--stay safe. Will check the mail in the morning

Anonymous said...

...It takes awhile to realize that it is your life now....enjoy living your dreams. Glad the transmission problem is behind you. C M

Anonymous said...

Good to see that all the "chinks" are getting out of the way early on so the hopefully the trip will now go smoothly. It's a dream in real life that you're living.
Praying for all of you. Take care. Love, Jane