Sunday, February 8, 2009

Manjack Tour

Saturday February 7, 2009
The weather is windy and cool but in the lee of the island it is not bad. We had a restful night at anchor.
I was able to chat with Josh of a bit this morning on Google and hear some Grand baby news. She had her 15 month check up and got her needle. She weighs 20 lbs and grew an inch from last time but did not gain weight. Dick did a water colour and I got out the sewing machine and finished putting the border on my quilt. Michelle and John dropped by to talk us into going ashore. When we got there ,there were about 6 other dinghies tied to the tiki pole that someone so kindly installed at the shore to keep the dingies. We took a walk all the way to the north shore to see the ocean and I picked up my first sea bean. I made chili for dinner with a can of Campbell's, tomatoes left from the Bruschetta and a can of corn. Not to bad. Playing a movie helps to pass the very long evening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Just checking your progress and activities. It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I just came back from walking along the beach. Icebanks and ice out as far as I can see. I understand "snow blindness" now...wow the sun and ice don't mix with the eyeballs! Some snow has melted but lots left to go yet. We are off to London for 2 days this week to meet with the transplant team. I sure hope everything goes well. I made a pattern of the Pioneer Braid quilt pattern for a nurse in Goderich. Do you know that pattern? Enjoy your holiday...it sounds delightful.

Phyllis said...

Sounds like the hazy lazy days of summer!!! Made church this morning and then went to Swiss Chalet for lunch. Have 3 quilts completed. Clinic tomorrow . Today had a slight feeling of spring--we can only hope it won't be long. I enjoyed the update on Elyssa--aren't the new leg warmers cute.