Thursday, February 26, 2015

Trip down to Florida - Saturday February 21, 2015

My husband and I had the great fortune to be able to leave work at noon on Friday February 20, 2015. We drove straight through and had dry roads and not to much traffic. By the time we got north of Macon Georgia it was about 3:30 pm and I asked Dick to stop and let us shut our eyes and get a bit of sleep. He pulled in for gas and when I got in the store I decided to buy a coffee and try to make a go of it so we could get out of the cold before we start. When we got back on the highway we noticed a fire on the side of the road. We were about the seventh car in the line up and we were stopped for about an hour and a half. It was a very reverent feeling because we were so close to having been in the situation. This car had crossed the highway ended up on its roof and started on fire.
We arrive in Florida in the morning and after breakfast decided we would get to Tampa so we could get into a room. We love the Baymont last year and decided to head for there. Unfortunately they were full and so we went to the Travel Lodge. They let us get in our room so we were able to crash and get some sleep. The temperature is about 22 C. So wonderful to be in the sun again.

No comments: