Sunday May 17, 2009
Happy Birthday to Dad Mac
wow what are we going to have left to celebrate:)
GETTING HOME SAFE
When Ed dropped us off yesterday at the Dunkirk Yacht Club gates he said "You won't be leaving tomorrow. I said, "We won't and why would that be?" 20 knot winds on the nose. What?????? again. So this morning when we got up to listen to the weather report it said tomorrow 10 - 15 northeast in the morning and switching to south west in the afternoon. So I looked at Dick and he said we head to home and 1/2 way there we gyb. I asked him "How far is it,
80 nm. Yes. Lets do it.
Today we went for a walk down to Dunkirk, board walk and then uptown. It is somewhat a depressed area with only about 1 out of every three shops occupied. The yacht club is having it carpets cleaned so we hung out in the boat to stay warm. I am reading and working on my quilt.
2 comments:
THanks for the update. We got your email saying you will be home very soon. Wishing you all the best and hopefully we will get some pictures of the homecoming! Enjoy! Peter and Ellie
"What else do we have to celebrate????!!!??" ... why just the biggest celebration of all ... your safe return to us, of course. LOL
love and prayers,
Janie
Post a Comment