Monday, July 14, 2008

The New Bimini


This week-end was the time to construct a new Bimini for the Cockpit. The material is made of Sumbrella Plus and it weighs 10.5 oz. per square yard. (I think).
It is like sewing concrete. I was greatful for a Divinely inspired message to use clothes pins when I was staring blankly out my sewing room window at my clothes line thinking how the heck am I going to sew when I cannot use pins.???????!!!!!!!!!!
The clothes pins worked great and I am so greatful for the idea. My machine was having trouble with the bobbin but a boater friend from Fairport suggested turning the screw a 1/3 turn to accomodate the thread. It worked beautifully and I am so pleased with the result.
Now on to the dodger.
I am really wondering how the glass will work in the dodger.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karin said...

wow! that looks like a lot of work. Good idea to use the clothes pins!
looking forward to seeing it this weekend!

Love Karin

Anonymous said...

As the old saying goes "necessity is the mother of invention". Amazing all the uses for clothes pins. Looking forward to seeing it for real Mom